Thursday, May 22, 2008

Next week's menu

In case anyone is following this, I thought iId post my menu for next week. So far I have spent $97, but I still have a few things to get. I will probably land somewhere around $120. This will put me right at $250 for the payday. Considering last payday we spent over $600, I am THRILLED with the results from only one payday of planning. I hope to whittle this down even further, but will be happy if this is as much as I can do, since I have neither a garden nor a cow for meat or milk.

Menu:
*Sausage and Lentil Stew
*Flat Pies (and Italian and a rosemary mushroom)
*Pancakes (so not weight loss food or all that fresh, but you do what you gotta do. they will be made with organic flour and milk and pure maple syrup)
*Fiesta wontons with corn and beans
*Breakfast--eggs, bacon for dh, and grits
*Logan County Hamburgers
*Ground Beef Stroganoff (a shout out to my friend Kristin!)

For lunch the kids will get chicken salad sandwiches (thanks Manda!), I will get salad. Snacks will be banana bread ans butter. Breakfast will be either something made from oatmeal or homemade biscuits and butter with jelly.

Almost all my dinners came from a cookbook called "The Comfort Table" by Katie Lee Joel. It's a fabulously colorful and stylish cookbook with lots of downhome recipes made in a more healthy way. I will be doing a review of the book after i try a few recipes.

No comments: