Saturday, August 23, 2008

Peaches and Cream (-y Milk)

MMmmmmmm, yes please!
These peaches are from my beloved local orchard. I just adore that place. I hope they know it! These peaches are so beautiful in their soft downiness, but very NOT perfect. They have spots of imperfection all over them. We saw a few bugs living on them. I gotta say--that was reassuring! Unsprayed just like God created them. I think I shall make these into pie fillings and pancake toppings, and preserves and salsa, and.....


I have not done a post on raw milk yet. It cannot be said enough how ridiculously good raw, pastured milk is. I will just post this link for info about the virtues of raw milk:

http://realmilk.org/

I think I will make some yummy ice cream with 2 or 3 of my gallons of raw milk so I can freeze some without having to freeze some. And oh yes, it just might be peach ice cream. YUM!


2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

You take such great pics, Steph! Makes me want to go digging around in your kitchen. haha We got some peaches from the local orchard also. They were so juicy that the pie I made just flowed over with the juice. Guess I will have to try a different variety for peaches. They really are perfect just eating them as they are! Yum! I just love getting fresh fruit from the local orchards. Apple season is next! I can already taste the cider. God made some pretty amazing foods for us.

Cherishing My Days said...

lol, jess!
i so wish you could be here digging around in my kitchen! i need to commit to processing my fruit today. i have let it all go too long.