Monday, October 20, 2008

My Grace is Sufficient for You.....

So dealing with the sickness of pregnancy has been tough. Many times I have thought to myself "WHY have you done this so many times?!". The other night I was in tears over how overwhelmed I was--being so sick, feeling like it will never end, moving in a month, needing to pack, having my house look like a war zone, knowing my kids' discipline is slipping fast, having a child who has special needs (both phyiscally and developmentally), missing several weeks of church now, homeschooling, and...did I mention being sick? I was almost sobbing. I felt very lonely because my husband has to be with the kids, so there's not alot of time for us when I am laying in the bed all evening.

The next morning I was getting some sewing done while listening to Christian radio. A song came on that I have heard a million times and sang along, but yesterday I actually HEARD it:

"Your grace is enough for the day"

The song says many other wonderful things, but this is what stuck. God tells me His grace is sufficient for me. And I have not gone through tomorrow yet, so I do not need to worry about getting through it. The Lord promises me that his grace will sustain me *today*. No, this is not a new concept. I have heard 2 Corinthians 12:9 ALL my life. I'm just not sure I've ever applied it. Or ever needed to. God is so great--He brings to mind EXACTLY what I need. This is why it is so important that we hide God's Word in our hearts like Psalms says, and have the Word in the forefront of our minds like Deuteronomy says. God's Word can't speak to our hearts if we do not KNOW it. We can't apply concepts we do not have knowledge of.

Does having God's Word in my heart make my body feel better? No. Does having G0d's sufficient grace change the fact that I have so many ants invading my kitchen that it burned my vacuum up? No. But God's grace makes it.....livable somehow. I know that my hard day is not the end of all things. I know that the Lord has promised me that my faith in Him is never misplaced. I take great comfort in knowing that His mercy is new every morning.

3 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

My heart goes out to you, Steph! Pregnancy is no joke, but such a wonderful result. You will be in my prayers, my friend. Hugs! btw, I LOVE that verse reminding us that His mercies are new every morning. Its one of my all time favs!

Manda said...

Amen! I experienced my first day of real pregnancy sickness today, so I can now actually identify with you and nauseous pregnant women everywhere. It is so comforting to know that no matter how awful we feel, His grace is sufficient, for His power is made perfect in our weakness.

Also, I don't know if you read it, but I blogged on a similar subject a while ago...I should reread it to encourage myself, actually! Hugs, Steph!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, jess! i SO need the prayers! BTW, i can't get to your blog. it says to get ahold of you, but i do not have an email addy anymore. i hope you read this!

manda--i went and read your blog post, posted a comment and it did not show up. lol. thanks for the encouraging read. you are so right that the ministry of prayer is a good one for someone bed-bound. i hope you feel better soon. if this is the first time you've ever been sick, my bet is that you are having a GIRL! i am always sicker with girls. :P