Thursday, October 9, 2008

MY Trip to the Mountains

I've posted what my kids thought was cool at the mountains, but there are things that I notice that my kids do not, and I thought I'd share some things that I thought were special enough to take pictures of. Like this pine cone that looks like a rose......

....A really cool rustic fence that makes me feel like I am on a ranch.....

....A naked ski slope dotted with golden trees signaling that Autumn has finally arrived....

The way mountains are so imposing in person, yet look so small in pictures......

.....That our kids follow our leader like little ducklings. I'd follow him to the moon.

I feel like Julie Andrews--"These are a few of my favorite things...."

4 comments:

My Inspired Heart said...

beautiful scenery.....looks like fun!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks,--yeah, it was alot of fun. we went this last weekend too, on a different trail.

Judy Kay said...

what a sweet post. doesn't it feel so good to get outside and enjoy beauty? with the people you love most? i love those days. great pictures, too.

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, judy kay!
yeah, as much as i am not in love with las vegas, living here does afford us the opportunity to see some really majestic scenery, which has been my dream for a long time.