Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Prayer for My Country

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray for my country today. I pray that you would lead us in the paths of righteousness for your name's sake. Lord, let your people not celebrate people who make decisions that are against your Word. Likewise, let your people not fear men. Help our spirits to not be full of fear. Keep it always on the forefront of our minds that YOU are in control, and that even the hearts of kings are in your hands. Help this country to once again humble itself and seek You. Help us to know that it's better to be divided than to be united under the wrong banner. Help us to be united against wrongdoing.

I pray for our president. I pray that you would guide him in his final months in office. That you would show him your strength. Help him to make the right decisions in the next few weeks. I also pray for our new president. I pray that you would change his heart on issues where he stands against you. I pray that he would be for only the changes that you would have him be for. Set his feet on the right path. Protect him. Help him to know that it is the King of kings and the Lord of lords that is ultimately in control of this country. Remind him to seek you.

Thank you for being the God of the universe and of my heart.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Amen!! Thank you, Steph!!

rebecca said...

Very well said. Thank you!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks y'all!