Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Proverbs 31 Study

This has been something that has been on my heart to study for a long while. I think that February's being both mine and my husband's birth month, and the fact that we also celebrate Valentine's Day in it, seems like it is the perfect time for me to reflect on how I can better be who God wants me to be, how I can better meet my family's needs on the whole, and how I can better show my husband how much I love and and hold him in high esteem.

Understanding that many think that the Proverbs 31 woman was not an actual woman and that her standards are too high to achieve, and that the definitive "commandment-based" verses on the role of women can be found throughout the Bible, but not so much in Proverbs 31, I ask if there is anything in Proverbs 31 that is not pleasing to the Lord? I realize that I will probably never reach such a high goal as this woman, but would it not make God happy for me to try? We can never be just like Jesus, either, but that does not mean we are to shirk his standard.

Since February is a short month, to take a verse a day I will need to start January 29th. I am hoping I will actually start that day. lol. I am so hoping to learn something, and to become a better wife, mother and child of God.

No comments: