Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proverbs 31:15

"She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens".

Oh my. Here is a confession: I am NOT a morning person. Especially while pregnant. I think right now I could honestly sleep until 9am, even going to bed at 10pm the night before. So it seems I never greet the morning with fervor. I am happy to start the new day, love the morning light, love the coolness of the morning dew on the grass, love the smell of the morning--pretty much everything about morning is wonderful except the *getting up* part. I am actually thankful that my kids get up between 6am and 7am, because it would never be my idea to get up that early and then we'd always be running behind.

But the Proverbs 31 lady gets up before dawn and cooks. She takes care of those in her care, even her servants. I always get up to make my kids breakfast (my ravenous-as-soon-as-their-little-eyes-pop-open sweeties would turn into tiny revolutionaries and stage a coup if I did NOT get up and make breakfast!), but there was a time--pre-child--that I would get up and make my HUSBAND breakfast! Even at 5am! I do not know if I am up for the challenge for at least another 3 months, but I do know that I would love to get back to serving my husband breakfast in the morning, even though he leaves at an ungodly hour. The days of pregnancy and all night nursing may have to be over at that point, but I think I will tell my husband that that is my goal--to someday be his little chef in the morning again. To send him off with a full belly and a memorable kiss that makes him want to stay home. ;) That's definitely a challenge I look forward to being able to meet.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love early mornings before dawn ;) I haven't always been this way, though! I used to sleep in till 8 or 9 without a thought until the kids stole every waking moment from me and I never had any "me" time. now, I'm up late and up early....searching for "me", lol! I suppose it would be different if my little ones and hubby expected breakfast....they're not breakfast eaters typically, so that saves me a little time :)

I'd say to enjoy your time at the end of your pregnancy and sleep! You can rearrange your schedule later :) It will be there waiting for you ;)

Manda said...

I thought of this verse this morning as I struggled to get out of bed. Although I like mornings and being up before everyone else, I do NOT like getting out of bed when it feels like nighttime!