Saturday, April 4, 2009

Proverbs 31:28-29

"Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her saying 'Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all'.".

Wow. These verses have me awestruck as to how wonderful this woman must have been, and/or how awesome this example is. I'd guess these are the most famous verses in this chapter, but I've always kind of glossed over them as some kind of unattainable pie-in-the-sky goal. And I'd have to say, my life does not look like this right now (yet?). Maybe it's because my kids are young. I hope and pray when they are older they will believe that I am praise-worthy. I do not even really need the praise, only for them to think I am worthy of it. My husband is really not the praising type, so I take it as a great compliment when he does praise me.

But the person whose praise I want the most is the Lord's. Sometimes it seems as if those words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" are WAY beyond my reach, especially lately when my hormones and stresses have, shall we say, reared their ugly heads in my mood. I do not think He'd have much to point to as something that He is proud of in my attitude lately. But it IS something to strive for, is it not? For the LORD Himself to think we are praise-worthy?

No comments: