Saturday, April 18, 2009

Some Softies for Our Baby

After sewing what seems like everything under the sun for gifts, to sell, for my older girls, for our windows, for.....EVERYTHING, I started thinking it would be pretty sad if our baby got here and had nothing made by mom. So this afternoon I dedicated a few hours to making her some soft things to snuggle in. Here we have a minkie blanket. SO soft.

I had some of this luscious quilty herringbone stuff leftover, so I made our little one a blanket out of it and a very girly soft pink fabric.

This picture is obviously not quite right, but here I used 2 layers of the herringbone cotton to make a spit blanket with some fabric by Urban Chicks.


This spit blanket could have turned out better, but hey it's for MY baby and she won't care that the bobbin thread is two different colors. lol. This spit blanket is made with cheap flat cloth diapers I had left over and some really funky Anna Maria Horner fabric.


So she's set! Lots of softies for her to lay on and even spit up on! lol.

4 comments:

Erin said...

oooo so pretty! love the patterns - the solids even LOOK soft and squishy!
:)

Cherishing My Days said...

lol! thanks, erin! :) looking soft and squishy is a GREAT thing for a blanket!

myinspired♥{sandra} said...

love these! great job!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, sandra! :)