Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sweet Treats

I posted my yougest's little skirt about a month ago, but finally got around to making my older girls some too. This is maybe the easiest skirt ever to make. Well, let's be clear, I make almost nothing that is NOT easy (Amy Butler's Birdie Sling pattern being the exception)--some other things just take more time. But these skirts are done in an hour! From this tutorial here: http://neverenoughhours.blogspot.com/


It's windy here in the desert in the spring, so although this is not a wrinkled, poofy skirt, it sure looks like one. :)

I am in love with the variety of professional quilting weight fabrics out there from Anna Maria Horner and Amy Butler, especially.


Such a colorful collection of sweet treats and sweet little girls.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Stephanie those are sooooo pretty!!!
How hard do you think those would be to make for someone who has never sewn before????

Cherishing My Days said...

Heather, I do not think it would be hard. It's all straight stitching and some zig zagging to finish raw edges inside. -.+ the tutorial could be a little clearer, so if you decide to make it, let me know it you have questions. The only new thing might be the gathering, but that's just a looser straight stitch and gently pulling to gather.maybe I'll send you pics when I make my bext one?

Heather said...

Thanks for the tips Stephanie... when I get around to it (I can't say that will be soon lol) I'll ask you for some help... I REALLY would LOVE to learn to sew... I don't have a machine, but could use my mom's..

Cherishing My Days said...

absolutely, heather! you, uh, have other things going on right now. lol. but when you are ready, let me know and we'll walk through it!

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

SO pretty, Steph! Your girls look like little flowers! Beautiful! (both the skirts and the girls) How are you feeling? Thinking of you!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, jess!
i am feeling fine. ready to not see another dr for 15 years. lol.

myinspired♥{sandra} said...

i LOVE these skirts! beautiful fabrics!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, sandra! i think my oldest likes these better than the twirly skirts because they are more "grown up" and casual. i am so thankful you posted that tutorial!

Erin said...

Soo pretty! If only I knew how to sew... of course, I doubt my crew would want pretty skirts, twirly or not ;-)