Monday, April 27, 2009

Well, Since I Really Have Nothing to Say....How About a Meal Plan?

Nesting has totally taken over. I organize and clean, and then sit and cry because no one but me CARES about my organization and everything just gets pulled back out and left the way it was 2 days ago. And then I get mad and throw things away. lol. But I DO love the perks that nesting provides--a much more organized and clean home. Organization is most important to me because I truly believe it's the foundation to a clean home. If nothing has a place then it WILL be on the floor in a house with 5 kids. Which then just makes my sweet husband want to think twice about coming home (just kidding). lol.

So speaking of organization--I am tackling something I have had real trouble with this whole pregnancy: meal planning. I have NO appetite when I am pregnant, so it can literally take me an ENTIRE day under much duress to plan even 5 meals. It's about as enjoyable as going to buy car parts right now. I am JUST. NOT. INTERESTED. Now that you get the picture of how hard this was for me (join me for my pity party, won't you?), I give you The Meal Plan:

Saturday: spaghetti (heartburn, you are my best friend)
Sunday: leftover spaghetti for lunch, homemade pizza for dinner (I wonder if Italians get heartburn?)
Monday: Logan County Hamburgers (my husband LOVES these. Very moist)
http://rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2523
Tuesday: Fiesta Wonton Wraps (also from Katie Lee Joel's cookbook, but I can't link the recipe. I can tell you that it's basically ground beef seasoned like tacos, fried like egg rolls and served with salsa for dipping. My family loves them)
Wednesday: Salmon from here:
http://finecooking.com/recipes/spice-rubbed-salmon-fennel.aspx?nterms=50188&ac=ts&ra=fp

Thursday is payday and the toture will start all over again. But for now I will just be thankful I've gotten these meals planned.

3 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Hang in there, Steph! You will be holding your new little life soon! Thinking of you and praying for you, my friend. I love the baby blankets, etc. that you made. Such a special gift to be able to make things with your own hands and give to your baby. Hope you have a wonderful (and easy) Mothers Day!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, jess. i hope your mommy's day is wonderful too!

myinspired♥{sandra} said...

I hear you on the meal planning! I always have trouble there :) And, surely, it won't be long now before you have your new bundle of joy to hold. Be easy on yourself and have a wonderful Mother's Day!