Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another Birdie Sling

This is my third one in nine months--not a super fast pace, but the way I see it, these bags are special, so I won't be pumping them out like a factory. I LOVE this bag! The pattern....it's a bit annoying. But the bag turns out better every time, so maybe the pattern is just as it needs to be. I think I would say that the preparation to make the bag is HUGE--in great disporportion to the actual sewing. The cutting and applying interfacing can be mind numbing. lol. But, in the end, I always find that this bag is worth every minute. The results are simply spectacular--a big bag with the ability to carry extra clothes, be a diaper bag, or just be a tote for anything and everything.

This one I made for a very special friend. She's helped me out a ton this pregnancy and is just a blessing to be around.

Inner of bag
If you are wanting to try this pattern, I recommend blocking out a weekend and trying your hand at it. The bag is so useful and just plain cute--you might be frustrated at times, but you will not be disappointed!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Steph, you are so crafty! I LOVE the bag. Of course, it helps that I like bags , but it is cute. Maybe I should try my hand at it. Hope you are doing well in the final weeks of your pregnancy! Love, Jen

Cherishing My Days said...

awww, thanks, jen!
you should so try the bag. it's such a triumph when the thing is done and you have a working tote. :)
i am doing well, thanks. almost done!

Emily said...

At least you are sewing something! I need to get off my butt and do alittle crafting. :)

Cherishing My Days said...

lol, emily. i did hardly anything with my sewing machine for MONTHS back when i was sick. in the last 10 weeks or so i have felt like getting alot done.

Amanda said...

This bag is cute as it can be! Where can I find this pattern?

Cherishing My Days said...

Thanks, amanda! You can find this pattern at fabric shops that carry amy butler fabrics. Many times these are quilt shops. Or you can buy it online at many places--like etsy.com. It's called the Birdie Sling by amy butler.