Friday, September 18, 2009

It Must Be Fall.....

Because I can't stop sewing. Something in the air changes and I come back to life every year at this time. I am SO thankful for seasons--the upcoming one in particular.

Here's my little girl in a scrappy skirt I threw together in less than an hour. It really is the easiest thing in the world. I love reusing fabric too small to cut for anything else, and fabric that might just sit in my sewing armoire until I am 75 and finally have the patience to learn to quilt. lol.
Happy fall to you all!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Steph, I love it!! I love the bag in your other post, too. I really wish I knew how to sew, you make it look so fun and rewarding! You've got a great eye for colors and fabrics.

Any aprons in the future? ;-)

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, erin! you know, 2 years ago i would never have believed i would be sewing like this. you have time--i started again at 32. lol.
aprons--maybe. anything in particular you're looking for?

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Pretty skirt. I bet she loves it.

Erin said...

Oh, I wasn't looking for anything in particular... just wondering what beautiful creations you'll come up with next! :-D Thanks for asking!!

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, GG! she does. she likes wearing it with her hot pink all star high tops. lol!
erin, i have ideas swimming around in my head all the time. :P