Sunday, October 11, 2009

Easiest Skirt Ever!

front

back


I finally got around to making myself something to wear (besides an apron). I bought this pattern http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=1ede14f3-b661-411f-8443-95cf2034ddcd a couple of years ago, but never made it (or wanted to) because I was not happy with how I looked. Now that I have lost 25 lbs, I thought I'd try to save us some money and try a skirt for myself. I'm not done losing weight, but one cannot go on forever with no clothes! I was SO happy with how easy it was. Yes, cutting out the 8 panels was a bit obnoxious, but the actual sewing was quite easy. There are about 4 steps to this skirt! I really encourage anyone wanting to try making their own clothes to make this skirt. Besides being easy, this skirt is comfortable and modest too! There are also 2 other skirts in this pattern, which makes it quite a bargain. I really think it could be a first project for a beginner. You could even ask me if you have a question about it and I could try my best to answer!

I used a fabric from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain line. I like that it's reminiscent of flowery fields, but still very appropriate for fall. Forgive the wrinkles--we took these pics after church today after I had been sitting for a couple of hours. And remember, the camera adds 10 pounds! lol. ;)

4 comments:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Pretty skirt.

Erin said...

awesome skirt Steph!!! and looks great on you! (bet Chris thought so too ;) )
:) Erin

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, y'all!
and erin--chris WAS quite impressed! lol.

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

great job...very feminine and pretty!