Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Taxi Totes and Gratitude

From Anna Maria Horner's "Seams To Me" book. This pattern is called "Taxi Tote", and it is SUPER easy. I've made 4 patterns of bags now and this is by far the easiest. It's only my 3rd one and I have the pattern memorized.
As you can see, the bags hang a little low on my girls, but that makes them perfect for their being able to wear them across their chests, thereby making ME feel better about how secure their belongings are.

I enjoy making these fabric covered buttons. I used to do these for my mom's projects when she was sewing clothing for us. It's so satisfying to be able to make buttons with the exact look that I need for any given project.

I also enjoyed using the decorative stitches on my sewing machine. Can't see this one too well, but the one above has a bolder stitch.

Fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop line. This line is now out of print, and that always makes me want to buy it up. This is the first line I fell in love with when I first picked sewing back up 2 years ago.
And so now for the related gratitude:
11. I love sewing and am thankful that I had the chance to start again. My husband makes this possible with his generosity when he can.
12. I am thankful I have sweet little girls on which to hang my wares. Not too much sewing I can do for my boys, unfortunately, so I am thankful I have an outlet and models in my girls. But boys, look forward to your PJ pants this year for Christmas! ;)
13. I am incredibly thankful for my low maintenance boys. As much as I LOVE sewing for my girls, I am equally in love with the fact that my boys are content with legos and dirt. Ahhhh....
14. I've had a hard few weeks lately, and I am thankful that my sweet husband makes time for me. He is busy, so he could ignore my needs for his attention, but he doesn't.
15. My parents are coming to keep me company next week and that will be an unbelievable relief.
Thanks to the Lord, we have much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

You make those buttons? Now wonder I was admring the buttons you chose. lol Great bags, and that fabric line really is pretty. I hope you have a great time visiting with your parents. Im sure they will enjoy soaking up their grandchildren. :o)

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

After thought: buttons are sooooo expensive. You are saving tons and making your bags look polished with that finishing touch. You go!