Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grateful to the Lord

Life and school have really kept me busy lately, but I had to come and post about how thankful I am. Friends and I were talking about how much life as homeschool mothers, or mothers in general!--can really make us feel pulled and spread thin. One friend in particular said how there are SO many needs--how is one person supposed to meet them all? We are individual women with TWO hands each. We have so many responsibilities from the raising (and educating!) of our children and all that that entails, the other duties we love to claim as our own--wife, student, cook, housekeeper, activity planner, counselor, friend, child of the King, etc. I had been thinking this morning before our conversation about how thankful I am for my life. How thankful I am that it is full and keeps me busy. See, one can take "overwhelmed" and make it "full and purposeful" with a change of perspective. How often I wish I would remember this very important principle. How good it would be if I could remember it *before* I started yelling about some relatively unimportant offense. Once my attitude changed, I just started listing everything I was thankful for to the Lord. He's so good in every way to me.

26. I am thankful for my life--the craziness of it and the sweetness of it.
27. I am thankful even for the trialsbecause they work patience. I have seen the evidence of that in my life.
28. I am thankful there haven't been MORE trials. :) More will come, but I thank the Lord He does not give me more than I can handle.
29. I thank the Lord for surrounding me with SO much love. My GOODNESS am I unworthy! Lord, please help me to *live* like I appreciate the love you've surrounded me with.
30. I am thankful for perpetually blue skies. They are beautiful and make me really thankful for the rare day that we have cloud cover.
31. I am thankful for an emerging young lady in our house. Her presence has really challenged me to look at life differently and be very introspective.
32. I am thankful that, at least for now, said young lady tries hard to keep her outlook sunny. Makes life much easier on her and her family.
33. Baby rolls make me happy. :) I am even thankful for baby spit up. It means I have a sweet chubby baby to snuggle.
34. I am thankful for mind-stretching online school. I'm even thankful for the class I hate. There are so many in the world who have no opportunity for an education.
35. I am So SO thankful for 70 degree weather--finally!

No comments: