Thursday, April 1, 2010

Being Content in "Whatsoever State I Am"

Even with morning sickness (Scratch that. Evening sickness. Right when my family needs me most.). Even in Nevada when I'd frankly rather be with my mom right now in Florida (not instead of my husband but along WITH my husband and kids). Even though I feel like if I did not have time before, it just got cut in half. I will practice contentment. I will practice being cheerful, genuinely cheerful, not pasting a smile on and pretending everything is okay. Even when I fail my kids and my husband miserably. I do not think it's too much to practice contentment. It's not being fake. Throwing up does not make me want to sing. But nor is it my family's fault. It's no one's fault. It's a season of my life that I will celebrate and go through every minute, good and bad, eyes wide open and being thankful to be alive to share it with those precious to me. I will be content and not want to rush through even the hard times. Because at the end of this it will be the same: joys and sorrows, hard times and great times. God's grace is sufficient, and I like finding contentment in Him and His plan.

4 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Sending you hugs! I appreciate your wise words. Happy Easter to you all!

Manda @ Lambs In His Arms said...

I didn't realize you are expecting...congrats!! I was wondering who would kick off the next round of babies. ;) Mine so far have been spaced out more, but I'm looking forward to the next blessing whenever it comes. :) Praying the sickness goes away quickly for you...and that you keep focusing on Him in all circumstances!

little dresses said...

I was preaching this very sermon to myself today. We are held up in our adoption YET AGAIN to take finger prints, send them to the same place they went two months ago, and wait eight weeks for them to come back, so that they can tell us AGAIN that our background checks were clean because apparently two agencies can't share those papers with one another. It is extremely sad and frustrating to think that my kids will sit in an orphanage for eight weeks longer maybe cold, mistreated, or hungry while they do this all over again. BUT. I decided to enjoy the journey. I will be content with where I am because it is obviously where God wants me right now, and instead of complaining I will spend that time praying that God will send his angels to protect, feed, and love my babies until I make it there to get them. It's a hard lesson to swallow sometimes but it can be done. I'm with ya mama.

xoxo,
Samantha

Cherishing My Days said...

Thanks, Jess! I hope your Easter was wonderful too!
Manda--thanks! Actually I think it was Tamara who kicked off the next round. :P can't wait to hear of your next new little one!
Samantha--wow, that's tough stuff. Just goes to show there's always someone with bigger problems than I have. I think it's wonderful that you can go through this frustrating process with grace and contentment. Because it IS hard to face the wind and keep going with a smile. I'll be praying this process gets done soon!