Monday, May 10, 2010

Altered Pillow Case Dress

I had already made a pillow case dress for my oldest, but wanted to alter the look a little and give it more personality. So I added a ruffle at the bottom, and a waistband that fed into the ties. The fabric is from Amy Butler.
My little one loves it, and requested to wear it for Resurrection Sunday. Next time I think I will make waist notches on the inside. That, I think, will complete a shapelier effect. With all this altering, the pillow case dress is not as simple as it is meant to be, but the result is a dress that's totally custom.

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

So so cute! Im glad you posted... missed your creativity. Must mean things are turning back to a semi-normal schedule....if there is such a thing. :o) Love the fabric choices!

Cherishing My Days said...

Thanks, Jess! I've missed posting! Things are nowhere near normal again, but old desires are slowly creeping in (even if they do get eventually squashed by the sickness. Lol), so I am hoping to be myself again in maybe another month. :)