Monday, February 28, 2011

Thankful for Scraps--365/59

There's not a good picture to be had of this little busy bee right now.
This is all her--she chose this pose. :)
I am thankful for the scraps that I had left over from other projects. They allowed me to test the sizing on these dresses so that I didn't have to cut into new fabric only to find the resulting dresses were not quite right.
But I'm also thankful for other scraps in life: leftover meals to stretch our food budget, scraps of wood for my husband or kids to build with.....all the little precious leftovers that make life interesting and a beg a new project. And sometimes scraps is all I have to hold up to God to help me make something beautiful. He knows my limitations and promises to never leave nor forsake me. He always comes through. I'm thankful that sometimes scraps are all I need. :)

3 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Beautiful babies and beautiful dresses. Cant get over the fact that you can wear sundresses outside now! We are still in winter coats, mittens, hats, etc! Im so ready for sundresses! :o) Great job, Steph!

Manda @ Lambs In His Arms said...

You make such pretty and unique dresses, Steph! Maybe that's why God gave you so many girls! :)

Cherishing My Days said...

Jess, it was a bit cool (60s) when I had them out there, but with no humidity and not much wind, it was bearable for the few minutes it took to get the pics. It's in the 70s for the weekend, though! :) not much longer for you, right? It's March! Yay!
Thanks, Manda! It's nice to have so many beautiful little models! :)