Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Fruited Plain: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana

We woke up to beautiful green in Iowa. The trees were in full bloom, confirming we were nowhere near the desert anymore. We got to see sweet friends in Iowa, where my boys got to play with other boys (usually we associate with families with girls--great for my girls! Not so great for my boys.).
Meeting a friend I've "known" for 7 or 8 years now!

My husband got to go to White Castle for the first time. He confirmed their food does, in fact, taste just like Krystal's, for the southerners out there that were curious.
This is Indiana. I don't know what the flowers were, but there were lots of them in the fields there. All three of these states pretty much looked like this, sometimes with rolling hills and no flowers. At times I was glad I had my sunglasses on, because the green was SO bright!

3 comments:

Erin said...

great pics!!!! how awesome. are they canola fields??
:) Erin

Erin said...

I am loving all of these pictures! It is so funny what you said about White Castle, DH and I just had a conversation with some friends about the difference between them and Krystals. Some said they were indeed different, but others thought not. Now we know for sure, lol!

Cherishing My Days said...

Funny that you were talking about that, Erin! We all know for sure now! :P