Friday, July 1, 2011

The Home Stretch--Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida

Had I not been in the great northern plains, this region would definitely be my favorite in the US. The huge green hills and lush landscape are just so enjoyable. Here we have Kentucky, which my husband said was his favorite state on the trip....
Tennessee.....

Alabama. The area is just full of sweet little tucked in farms, carpet-like grass and sun-kissed hills.
Florida. Much flatter, but still slightly hilly in the northwest corner. It's the flattest state in the union, but thankfully not where we are. :)

Our trip was epic. Seven kids, four adults and a cat (and a partridge in a pear tree....). We'll always treasure the memories we made. Seeing so much new to me territory of this country of ours gave me a renewed perspective on the blessings of being an American. This country is beautiful--deserts, coasts, mountains, plains, and everything in between made our Great American Road Trip a unique and awesome experience.

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Wow, Steph, those are SOME pictures! The sights you guys have seen are amazing! Thanks for a glimpse of that beauty!!! :o)

Cherishing My Days said...

thanks, Jess! I have 15 states left--most of those are in the northeast which remains largely unseen by me!