Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our August and Looking Forward to September

My husband is remodeling my parents' downstairs floor. He started demo August 1st. Turns out what was chosen was travertine stone tiles and it has taken MUCH longer than he expected. He is grouting almost everything, but will have to wait three weeks to seal.
On the other hand, it has been a valuable experience for both my husband and the children. The boys helped quite a bit too, but I just could not get them in a picture.

And on another hand (because, as a mom to seven, I am thinking of growing another hand. …), September is just days away. In normal places where people live with normal seasons, that means cooler days, crisp nights and a nearing harvest with all its wonderful celebrations. But since I live in Florida, where fall does not visit, I will celebrate September in another enjoyable way. Some marketing genius has declared September "National Sewing Month"! And with fabric offerings such as this http://www.flickr.com/photos/pamwares/6067481312/in/pool-1716523@N21/ and this http://www.flickr.com/photos/tickleandhide/6075923445/in/pool-1716523@N21/ who am I to argue?
So bring on National Sewing Month! I got this! :)

2 comments:

Amy and Gang said...

That fabric is so yummy -- and that dress is adorable. Yeah. You got this...for sure. :) Miss you, friend.

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

What a great way to show your parents some love. :o) and teach your children about serving others. Love it! Hope the project goes smoothly. And sew, sew, sew. You have such talent, it would be a sin to waste it. :o)