Monday, December 5, 2011

What Are You Up To?

I have been busy doing. Today I made sauerkraut, after about a 5 year break (bad on me!). This will be eaten at our annual Austrian Christmas Eve celebration dinner. Mouth waters just thinking about it.
I've been taking lots of pictures. Here was a silly idea I had after buying a humongous cabbage from the farmer's market. Baby was less than thrilled with the idea.
I have 2 weeks of my college courses left. History is such a good story and biology is kicking my butt. That's okay, it's fascinating. Below is a family picture I took while my brother and his family were here.
So chances are I will not get back on here before the end of the year. After classes end I will have so much sewing to do to get ready for Christmas. I just wanted to wish you a wonderful month, and hope that you are able to celebrate the Lord's coming to this earth to save you and me.

3 comments:

Manda @ Lambs In His Arms said...

Love the cabbage, lol. Merry CHRISTmas to you all!

Shannon said...

Hey love! Thank for sharing an update with us. :) Beautiful fam and pic! Love the cabbage pic too. I want an email with how to make sauerkraut, please? ;) Merry Christmas to you and yours! I am taking a break (for the most part) from the computer too. I have a TON of sewing to get done! A quilt for Evan, a mini quilt for a friend, some table runners, and pot holder. YIKES!

Cherishing My Days said...

Thanks, Manda! Merry Christmas! :)
Shannon--I'll find you a good link. The finished result does not taste like the sauerkraut in a barrel vinegary taste that's so familiar. It's salty and....fermented tasting. Very good, but very different from what most are used to. You sound busy too! Good to hear from you!