Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things….

It's so fun to read these kinds of posts from other people, so I thought I'd do one of my own from time to time (not that my opinion matters. lol. But I've found a lot of cool things from seeing other peoples' faves). Some of my absolute favorite things:
The ambience of our traditional Austrian Christmas Eve meal…..
Kids at Christmas (doesn't this boy *look* like he needs to be set loose with a Nerf gun?)

My North Face hoodie--it's light-feeling but warm, and is fuzzy inside so it stays put and doesn't get all up in my grill when I'm, say, tying a kid's shoe. I hate traveling jackets and hoodies. It's a trim fit too. www.thenorthface.com/en_US/index (I don't see my jacket on there, but it's cotton knit)
I could pick any number of features from any of my kids, but today I am picking these angelic curls...
Gardening! You are looking at my first ever harvest of salad greens. I am glad I got them before the slugs did….

Isn't it exciting to get the UPS or Fedex guy at your door? I especially love it when I know I have ordered something from Amazon, another one of my favorites. Which brings me to my current favorite author, Joel Salatin. I am reading his newest book Folks This Ain't Normal right now, but the next one I am going to order is this one: www.amazon.com/You-Can-Farm-Entrepreneurs-Enterprise/dp/0963810928/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325641485&sr=8-1 .
My hubby's gift to me (from Amazon! :) just because he loves his weird wife. My Injinji socks that go with my Vibram shoes (www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Bikila-Mens). Never has a wide, Hobbit like foot like mine been so comfy.

6 comments:

H.A campbell said...

All I can say is LOL!!!

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Great post! Love the beautiful dinner setting, the wonderful nerf gun happiness, the angelic curls, and your crazy socks. And way to go on the salad greens!!! Im about to get a garden. Im nervous about it, but very excited too. The house we are buying has a huge garden that the owner (a little Italian woman in her 80's) has paid maticulous attention to over the years. The soil is perfect. I just have to grow a green thumb because I would LOVE to grow my own vegies. Thats this Springs adventure!!!! Love you guys! Glad to see you all healthy and happy!
Jess

Cherishing My Days said...

Jess, that sounds like the perfect beginning! Something that is all ready for you to take over and nourish is an enviable thing to be inheriting! How fun. I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Manda @ Lambs In His Arms said...

What do you think of the Five Fingers shoes? Don has been eyeballing those for a few years now.

Cherishing My Days said...

Manda, I think I word never wear another pair of shoes in my life if it were possible. I would even wear them with dresses if Chris would let me. Lol! But I hate shoes. I've never had a pain free moment in them. Blisters, pinching, the feeling that the ball of my foot was being squeezed because my foot is so wide and most shoes are not.....it's like self imposed torture. My Vibrams are a God-send. I would highlight, though, that I have been mostly barefoot for a very long time (staying at home for 13 years took care of that, and I even go barefoot in our yard), so I am used to the barefoot feeling. I never have a moment's pain in my Vibrams because it's like barefoot but protected, but there could be some whose feet might hurt at first if they are used to cushioned shoes.

Manda @ Lambs In His Arms said...

Thanks for the review! Don is a barefoot kinda guy (I'm a socks person, myself) so I think he would like these a lot!