Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Road Trip!

 In an effort to make memories instead of buy stuff, we took a spontaneous trip to what we thought would be Atlanta. It was, sort of. We got to Trader Joe's  and Ikea, but we ended up turning it into a trip to Auburn University, home of my husband's favorite football team. 
 What a beautiful campus they have there! My husband had not been here in 20 years, so it was a real treat for this lifelong fan. 
 Look! Look at the sheer joy displayed by these enraptured children! Eh, that's ok. This will be something they always remember.

 The stadium. It is odd seeing it in person. 
We had to make a stop at Toomer's Drugs right there on Toomer's corner. This is the very intersection where Auburn University students celebrated the beginning of the Civil War! I do not applaud their cause, but it really brings into focus the kind of history there!
PLus, we got to see some beautiful country side. Ah, pasture. My favorite!

4 comments:

Amy and Cat said...

Yay for memories! And any day spent driving by pastures is alright in my book! :)

Cherishing My Days said...

It really is rejuvenating to be in more wide open spaces. I literally start to consciously breathe!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you guys got to spend some time together on the road. I heart road trips!

Hope.C said...

Mom, we WERE happy about going to the University. Well, I was anyways. It's just that in that picture you made me sit in a puddle and my pants got wet!