Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ever Eaten Something That Makes You...

 Raise your hands in praise of Jesus? Thank the Creator for His awesome work? That's just what this thankful girl did!

There really is not anything like God-created food. Nothing can compare--no junk food craving, no fast food addiction. 
The first salad is a creation of necessity, and boy am I glad it was necessary. It's a wild salmon Caesar salad with homemade dressing. Not hard, but very very delicious. And the salmon was cooked with sea salt, pepper, and Kerrygold butter. Are you eating Kerrygold yet? You really should. Their products are raised in Ireland on grass. So yellow, grassfed butter. Great source of nourishment. My mom eats it by the slice. It's not greasy at all, it's almost like cheese. 

The second salad is from the cookbook Jerusalem that I said I would be cooking through. I have admittedly been slow about it, but this was an awesome salad. Because of this cookbook, I have discovered burratta cheese. Yes, that is cheese, not ice cream. It's like the fresh mozerella that you have with caprese salad, but this cheese is filled with cream. Did I just hear you groan? Yeah, cream. It spills out like a soft boiled egg. 

About the Jerusalem cookbook: there is not a recipe for challah in it. I saw that it was given a two page spread in the book and assumed a recipe was there too, but it's not. Nor is challah a part of Passover, as my ignorant self found out. We had a good time with our Passover celebration. I'm sure I did it all wrong, but I hope to get better with each passing year. 


2 comments:

Cluck said...

Steph! It's been so long. Your food looks great. I have just started Trim Healthy Mama. A lot like your way of eating but a little different. I think of you often. I should email you.

Cherishing My Days said...

Hey Kathy!
It's so good to hear from you! I think about you a lot!
Never heard of Trim Healthy Mama. INteresting. You'll have to keep me updated. I'm dabbling in intermittent fasting now. Always something! lol. Don't be a stranger!